Back to all reports

Sunken Drain Cover

Reported in the Loose / Raised/Sunken category anonymously at 09:18, Thu 18 April 2019

Sent to Northamptonshire County Council 2 minutes later. ref: 1606774.

I refer to the many previous reports regarding this matter - more recently 956054 - and in so much as the problem and the subsequent issues remain unresolved - vibrations created by vehicles negotiating the sunken/ill fitting drain cover causing vibrations to the property and as a consequence the damage (refer to previous reports) is still being experienced.

RSS feed of updates to this problem Receive email when updates are left on this problem.


  • Thank you for reporting a fault on the highway. We will use the information you have provided to assess and prioritise this fault in accordance with our published response times for fault reports.

    State changed to: Investigating

    Posted by Northamptonshire County Council at 09:20, Thu 18 April 2019

  • The defects identified do not currently meet NCc Investigatory levels, will continue to monitor through Highways safety Inspections

    State changed to: In progress

    Posted by Northamptonshire County Council at 14:35, Tue 23 April 2019

  • I am extremely disappointed to note that despite the fact that I have continuously highlighted that this ongoing problem is causing structural and internal damage to the property/s you arbitrarily dismiss these concerns without any form of further consultation. Additionally, that the remedial work carried out by yourselves (or your appointed agents) was clearly of an insufficient standard to resolve the problem.

    Posted anonymously at 09:54, Sat 27 April 2019

  • The sunken drain cover remains an issue, vibrations are still being felt in properties as HGV's pass over the impediment.

    Posted anonymously at 10:17, Fri 19 July 2019

  • I refer to my numerous previous reports regarding this matter. I continue to be extremely disappointed that the matter still remains unresolved. The vibrations caused by vehicles negotiating this defective drain cover is still being experienced. There have been several instances where immediately after the vibrations caused by vehicle manoeuvring over the drain cover has caused sections of roof tiles have become dislodged and have fallen into the driveway and garden of my property. The potential for damage to vehicles (cars parked on my drive) and for personal injury (people sitting in the garden) is extremely high. As this matter has been raised with you on many occasions and my concerns which have also been raised on frequent occasions, and that you have chosen to ignore and dismissed those concerns, I would like to inform you that should injury or damage be experienced I will hold NCC (Northamptonshire County Council) and any of it's agents directly responsible.

    Posted anonymously at 13:28, Mon 23 March 2020

Provide an update

Your information will only be used in accordance with our privacy policy

Next: Tell us about you

or No personal details will be stored, and you will not receive updates about this report.

Your update

Tell us about you

Do you have a FixMyStreet password?