Back to all reports

The grass verges are so bad where residents keep parking their cars

Reported in the Verges - Damaged by Vehicles category anonymously at 16:49, Fri 6 December 2019

Sent to Northamptonshire County Council 2 minutes later. ref: 1877873.

Residents are parking on grass verges and causing the roads and pathways to be covered in mud Eastfield road is a absolute disgrace you can't walk down the street without getting covered in mud

RSS feed of updates to this problem Receive email when updates are left on this problem.


  • Thank you for reporting a fault. We will use the information you have provided to assess and prioritise this fault in accordance with our published response times for fault reports.

    State changed to: Investigating

    Posted by Northamptonshire County Council at 16:51, Fri 6 December 2019

  • Thank you for your enquiry. We do understand that some verges may look aesthetically messy and unsightly, especially after the recent heavy rain or during wintery weather. Therefore if there is significantly damage to a roadside grass verge, this can also be reported on the Northamptonshire County Council’s online ‘Street Doctor’ system Street Doctor for consideration under our annual maintenance programme for re-seeding (or re-turf if particularly muddy/roiled) and within the constraints of the Northamptonshire Highways financial budget. If you feel that road safety may be compromised by the parking of vehicles on this road junction, we normally would suggest that initially you may wish to inform the owners of the offending vehicles, if known, and explain the concern that their parking is causing. If this suggestion is not practicable or proves ineffective and parking issues continue to affect the visibility at this location, then the best way forward would then be to contact Northamptonshire Police. Parking a vehicle inappropriately where it is deemed not possible for drivers or cyclists to safely manoeuvre and pedestrians to pass unhindered along the footway or that access to public or private property is impeded, should be reported to Northamptonshire Police’s Safer Community Team on 101 or via the police’s website.

    State changed to: No further action

    Posted by Northamptonshire County Council at 13:37, Tue 10 December 2019

This report is now closed to updates. You can make a new report in the same location.