You can move around with your keyboard
Drop pin on the map to start a new report
Press space again to adjust the location
Start new
report here
report here
Back to all reports

Entrance to park walk blocked to parents with baby buggies

Reported via desktop in the Pedestrian Barriers - Damaged / Missing category anonymously at 10:50, Thu 23 December 2021

Sent to Northamptonshire Highways less than a minute later. ref: 3196018.

I am writing in behalf of my residents who wish to access Bradlaugh Fields through what is known as the Mallory Walk.

This park attracts a variety of visitors including parents and carers with babies and young children and who use baby buggies and prams. I have attached a self explanatory photograph which illustrates the difficulty I am writing about.

I fully appreciate the need to protect narrow paths and entrances to public spaces against unsuitable vehicles and motor cycles. I have received many complaints on my social media from mums and dads who are struggling to access some of the entrances to Bradlaugh Fields.

I am asking if it is possible for this type of barrier to be replaced by a more appropriate configuration which would allow baby buggies and prams easier access.

RSS feed of updates to this problem Receive email when updates are left on this problem.


  • Thank you for reporting a fault. We will use the information you have provided to assess and prioritise this fault in accordance with our published response times for fault reports.

    State changed to: Investigating

    Posted by Northamptonshire Highways at 10:50, Thu 23 December 2021

  • Thank you for your enquiry, this has been passed to the relevant team. We will update once a reference has been received.

    Posted by Northamptonshire Highways at 11:58, Thu 23 December 2021

  • Following an on-site inspection there is no action required at this time.

    State changed to: No further action

    Posted by Northamptonshire Highways at 21:25, Mon 5 September 2022

This report is now closed to updates. You can make a new report in the same location.