You can move around with your keyboard
Drop pin on the map to start a new report
Press space again to adjust the location
Back to all reports

New trench made by works sudden drop in road

Reported via desktop in the Potholes / Highway Condition category anonymously at 17:44, Tuesday 8 March 2022

Sent to Northamptonshire Highways less than a minute later. ref: 3372773.

There has been a new trench that has been dug in the road and is totally unavoidable. Covering it with tarmac has not even been attempted, loose gravel/stones have been used and totally dissapeared. I have seen several vehicles slam their brakes on due to the severity of the drop. This is totally inadequate for a main road and is pretty unacceptable for works to be carried out without being made good for the vehicles using it.

RSS feed of updates to this problem Receive email when updates are left on this problem.


  • Thank you for reporting a fault. We will use the information you have provided to assess and prioritise this fault in accordance with our published response times for fault reports.

    State changed to: Investigating

    Posted by Northamptonshire Highways at 17:45, Tuesday 8 March 2022

  • This is new trench with no ramp signs. Both front tyres now have bulges in side wall so will now cost £300 to replace.

    Posted anonymously at 18:59, Tuesday 8 March 2022

  • This report is under further investigation.

    State changed to: Under further investigation

    Posted by Northamptonshire Highways at 13:45, Wednesday 9 March 2022

  • Hit this crator in the road today 10/3/2022. Who do I see to recover the cost of my repairs to off side front and rear wheels?

    State changed to: Investigating

    Posted anonymously at 21:54, Thursday 10 March 2022

Provide an update

Your information will only be used in accordance with our privacy policy

Next: Tell us about you

or No personal details will be stored, and you will not receive updates about this report.

Your update

Tell us about you

Do you have a FixMyStreet password?